Esta Semana ha ido ya! Mi novio vino a visitarme sobre su vacacion de primavera. En las tardes paseamos en la ciudad y con mi familia. El miercoles fuimos al Volcan Pacaya. Pude ver la lava y mucha rocas! jeje. Fue muy muy interesante. Voy a subir fotos ojala por miercoles. Necesito mas fotos de mi amiga Deanna todavia. Jon regreso a los EEUU el jueves en la tarde. Mi maestra mi dio el dia sin clases! Pero necesito ir a dos horas de clases hoy. Proxima semana voy a la escuela en otro ciudad a trabajar alla por dos semanas mas. Y luego es Semana Santa! Estoy viendo muchas processiones cada viernes y domingo. Son muy interesantes. Ayer fui con Deanna a la casa de otra amiga de YWAM. Jugamos cartas y hablamos sobre nuestras vidas aqui. Nada mas de eso estoy haciendo. Les prometo que fotos vienen pronto! Y tengo buenas noticias! La escuela en Peru me ha aceptado! Puedo hacer mis practicas en Peru el proximo marzo!
Another week has come and gone! My fiance came to visit during his spring break for a few days. We spent the afternoons exploring the city and talking to my host family. Wednesday we climbed an active volcano. It was pretty cool to see the lava and all the volcanic rock! I promise to get pictures up shortly. Deanna and I need to get together to exchange a few pictures because she has a few I want to update on my site as well. THe only scary part of the trip was looking down a crack in the rock and seeing lava flowing underneath me! I would have taken a picture if I was not so concerned about getting off that part of rock as fast as possible.
Jon left Thursday. My teacher even gave me the day off classes so I could go to the airport to drop my finace off. Now I just have to make up the hours today. Next week I go back to the school I am volunteering at. I decided to finish up the month volunteering there. I love helping the kids. Then its Holy Week here. I have seen many processionals every Friday and Sunday. The church I am attending will have Easter morning service at the Cerro de La Cruz (hill that overlooks the city and has a cross). Most of the focus is on Christ´s death here, which is kind of sad. They are very colorful though and each week more and more people come into the city.
Well, I haven´t been doing much more. Its hard to believe that I almost have 4 weeks left! Time sure flies! Oh and I have good news. I have been officially accepted to student teach next March in Peru! Thanks for all your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment